Skinless Filipino Beef Longganisa
Sweet and garlicky Filipino breakfast sausage
Watch How To Make It:
There's a wide variety of different longganisas from different regions of the Philippines. I typically enjoy the sweet longganisa, but I feel so bad eating the store-bought ones often.
Usually longganisa is made with pork, wrapped in sausage casing, and packed with sweet and spicy flavors. I wanted to make a quick longganisa recipe that you can whip up quickly without too many fancy ingredients.
The YouTube video shows that I use ground beef, but you can use ground pork or chicken, whichever you have available.
There are also other longganisa recipes that call for annatto powder and paprika, but I found that it's not mandatory to have delicious longganisa.
I just want a sweet and mildy spicy sausage. Here it is!
- 1 1/3 lb ground pork, beef, or chicken
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 8 cloves finely minced garlic
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oil
1. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
2. Grab a small handful of the meat and shape it into logs.
3. Heat oil in a large pan over medium flame. Cook the longganisa on the pan, making sure to brown all sides of the longganisa.
4. Remove from the heat, and serve with a side of rice!
The thinner you shape your longganisa, the faster it will cook!
DID YOU MAKE THIS?!
Post on social media and tag @jeanelleats! I get so happy when I see people making these recipes at home!
Join if food is your everything. Be the first to hear about the latest videos, events, and foodie exclusives!