Adobo Wings sa Gata (Coconut Milk)
Chicken wings marinated in adobo and coconut milk sauce
Watch How To Make It:
I didn't even know "adobo sa gata", aka adobo in coconut milk, existed until earlier this year. My dad was reminiscing about the adobo sa gata dish that he enjoyed in the Philippines, and I couldn't believe this was the first time I was hearing about it!
Actually, there's a few other adobo recipes that I've learned about since then:
• Adobong dilaw (yellow adobo, which uses turmeric)
• Adobong pula (red adobo, which uses annatto seeds)
• Adobong puti (white adobo, which omits soy sauce)
I can't believe there's an adobo for every color of the rainbow 😂 this is incredible!
If you guys are interested, I'd be happy to make ALL of these adobo recipes on the YouTube channel. Just let me know!
• 2 lbs chicken wings
• 4 cloves garlic, crushed
• 5 whole black peppercorns
• 2 dried bay leaves
• 1/2 cup soy sauce
• 1/2 cup vinegar + a splash more
• 1/2 cup coconut milk
• 2-3 chopped chilis (optional)
• 1 tbsp oil
• salt to taste
1. In a large pan over medium heat, heat up the oil and sautee the garlic, peppercorns, and bay leaves until the garlic becomes fragrant.
2. Add the chicken wings and fry on both sides until browned. Sprinkle some salt to taste.
3. Add the soy sauce, vinegar, coconut milk, and chilis. Stir the sauce until well combined and simmer for about 10 minutes.
4. Turn your oven to Broil setting on High and preheat for about 10 minutes.
5. Once the wings have simmered, remove the wings from the sauce and place them on a parchment paper-lined baking tray.
6. Turn up the flame to high, and allow the sauce to thicken for about 10-15 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
7. Stick the wings in the oven on the middle rack and broil for 3-5 minutes on each side. Watch closely because broiling may quickly char your wings!
8. Remove the wings from the oven and place in a large bowl. Once the sauce is reduced, pour the sauce over the chicken wings.
9. Enjoy the wings on their own, or serve with a side of rice!
You can also use other types of chicken meat instead of wings in this recipe!
DID YOU MAKE THIS?!
Post on social media and tag @jeanelleats! I get so happy when I see people making these recipes at home!
Join if food is your everything. Be the first to hear about the latest videos, events, and foodie exclusives!